Workshop & Course Registration
Annual Educational Leadership Conference Award
Applications for the ELC scholarship are due by July 1.
In recognition of the Education Section of the APTA’s position that physical therapy education is the responsibility of all Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants, the Philadelphia Area Clinical Education Consortium (PACE) will sponsor an area clinician to attend the Educational Leadership Conference (ELC).
The applicant should be a CI or CCCE who demonstrates a commitment to excellence in physical therapy and physical therapist or physical therapist assistant education.
Specifically the applicant will be a member of the APTA and within the last (3) years, will have worked with students from the majority of academic programs within the PACE. Candidates will be evaluated based on several factors including:
- Commitment to working with a variety of academic programs.
- History of working with students and ACEs/DCE’s to achieve successful outcomes for students who struggle or to motivate and challenge those who excel clinically.
- Demonstrated interest in bridging academic and clinical coursework.
- While being a member of the Professional Advisory Group (PAG) is not a prerequisite to being selected, as a condition to acceptance, the successful candidate will agree to serve as a member of the PAG for a period of at least 2 years.
For more information about the ELC Award, or to apply for the award, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recipients will receive up to $1000 to cover expenses related to the conference.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Conference registration
- Travel expenses
- Airfare, train fare, and tolls
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the federal rate at the time of the conference.
- Hotel expenses
- Meal costs during conference and travel. No alcohol will be reimbursed.
All expenses will be reimbursed at cost. The recipient will provide receipts for all expenses in order to be reimbursed.
All receipts should be submitted to the Consortium Treasurer in a timely manner.
If time allows, the recipient may submit the conference registration form to the Treasurer who will pay the registration in advance. (this fee is included in the $1000 stipend).”