APTA Level 2 Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program
Dates: September 15 and 16, 2018 Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
From 2007 to 2017, the APTA offered the Advanced Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program (ACCIP), which was available to credentialed physical therapists to advance both clinical teaching and best practice when providing student clinical education. The ACCIP has now been replaced with the Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program Level II (CCIP Level II), which is open to a wider audience. The CCIP Level II both applies and goes beyond the concepts of the structured and effective learning environment from CCIP Level I to allow participants to further develop their clinical teaching skills and construct a clinical curriculum. The program’s unique philosophy and design will enable clinical educators to achieve the best outcomes for student learning.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the benefits and key components of a clinical curriculum
- Advance clinical teaching concepts learned in CCIP Level 1 as applied to the novice-mastery clinical practice continuum
- Integrate professionalism in a clinical curriculum that promotes the guiding principles to achieve the Vision for the Physical Therapy Profession and the core values
- Diagnose and foster a student’s clinical reasoning
- Outline a clinical curriculum to provide key learning experiences critical to patient and client management in the student’s practice upon graduation and licensure
- Integrate interprofessional education and collaborative practice into a clinical curriculum
- Integrate advocacy into a clinical curriculum
Who Should Attend:
The CCIP Level II is designed for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants who have supervised or overseen the supervision of at least one student in clinical practice, or have been actively involved in student learning and education since receiving the APTA CCIP Level I credential.
Successful completion of the course provides participants with 1.7 CEUs and the APTA CCIP Level II credential. All participants must attend each session in its entirety and successfully complete the Assessment Centers to receive the APTA CI Credential Level II.
Michele Mulhall, PT, PhD from Main Line Health
Dennise Krencicki, PT, DPT MA from Rutgers University
Once registration is received, you will be sent an electronic list of pre-course assignments to be completed prior to your attendance. There is no additional cost for the pre-course assignments and some provide additional CEUs.
Note: Due to the time required to complete the pre-course assignments, participants are encouraged to register as soon as possible. If your registration is waiting to be processed by your organization, please send us a copy of your registration materials while you are waiting.
Saturday September 15, 2018 Sunday September 16, 2018 7:45am Registration Day 1 7:45am Check-in Day 2 8:00am Introduction 8:00am Clinical Reasoning Creating a Clinical Curriculum Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice Advanced Teaching Strategies 12:30pm Lunch (provided) 12:00pm Lunch (provided) Professionalism in Practice Advocacy Patient/Client Management Assessment Center Assessment Center Peer Evaluation of Clinical Curriculum Debrief 6:30pm Dismissal 5:45pm Dismissal
Drexel University Center City Campus
1601 Cherry St.
3 Parkway 6th floor Room 604A
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Registration fee includes the two-day course, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks on both days, all handout materials, and the Assessment Center.
Registration & payment must be received before August 17, 2018:
APTA members: $155.00
APTA non-member: $280.00
** Group discounts on the APTA portion of this fee are available for 5 or more participants from the same employer. In order to get the group discount, participants MUST register together AND pay by check. Please contact Eric Stewart for more information.**
1.) Email as a complete packet the following to email@example.com
- Completed Participant Dossier (attached with brochure, must be typed; handwritten not accepted. Word or PDF file.)
- Scanned copy of your current license (PDF or jpeg)
- Scanned copy of current APTA membership card (if applicable – PDF or jpeg)
2) Mail check payable to PACEC to:
Dr. Kate Mitchell
1601 Cherry St
Philadelphia PA 19102
Or use Pay Pal: Click applicable button
Confirmation: Confirmation will be sent via e-mail.
Questions? Eric Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org 302-831-7233
Directions: Drexel University Center City (not Main Campus!) http://drexel.edu/about/directions/center-city-map/ At #15 on map. Weekend rate parking at #14.
REFUND POLICY: Individuals must cancel their registration and request a refund 72 hours prior to the start date of the course beginning. The amount of refund will be equivalent to the APTA portion of the registration fee only.